bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has any one started their christmas shopping?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Has any one started their christmas shopping? Empty
PostSubject: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime13th September 2007, 1:55 am

As the title says really!

My OH won't even think about christmas until the 24th December!!!!!
But I have started buying a few bits. anyone else???
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime13th September 2007, 2:30 am

Daves the same lol - think they'll get on well lol

No not yet but will be starting afterpay day this month. But not sure what to get people yet x
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime13th September 2007, 4:51 am

nope not started yet...but want to be prepared this year...always leave it to the last minute and get stressed (and seriously skint) by leaving it til december...think ill start planning in next few weeks and get it all hopefully done oct/nov santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime13th September 2007, 10:04 am

omg no i havent started even thinking about buying stuff yet although i think i should do really seeing as im going to b pre occupied in the next few weeks to even consider xmas lol. i was hoping to get it done in october lol but somehow i dont think thats gonna happen looks like its gonna b a last minute rush for me again Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime16th September 2007, 12:52 am

lol iv started Smile , actually iv done quite well, have got a load for the kids, and also a few for katies best friend Ellie. We will start on family next month as we need to save a little money as its katie's birthday on the 1st October.

Alice xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime20th September 2007, 9:56 am

yep i have started mine, only because last yr i left it to the last min. and was a mad rush, id rather be sorted this year.
tho i find earlier you start the more you end up getting and spending
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime20th September 2007, 3:04 pm

yeah u are right...i think i do prob spend more if i start buying earlier...the thing is to write a list, set a budget for each person on the list and stick to it...something im crap at doing! i did look through the toys r us catalogue for the kids last night and got some ideas Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime20th September 2007, 3:06 pm

oh and well done Alice hun...great you have got so much done already....wish i could get sorted Smile xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime22nd September 2007, 1:57 pm

all done packet and delievered....:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime5th October 2007, 9:26 am

hmm i should really get some more.. but with it being so cold outside. have had to buy shannon winter clothes and shoes, so will have to wait till the end of the month befor i can get anymore pressies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime5th October 2007, 5:31 pm

im so skint that i cant afford anything at the moment...cant even buy a couple of things as this month is particularly bad.

Spoke to mum last night and she has agreed we should stick to the one gift rule for the adults and a budget which has been a weight off my mind!

trying not to go too overboard with the kids either as last year sophie was a bit overwhelmed with all the gifts and wasnt that bothered with a couple of things i got her/were given to her.

I think the key with her will be to get her a few things she really wants and a few stocking fillers...she loves colouring...and dolls so think thats on the line of what ill be getting her Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime6th October 2007, 2:10 am

that sounds good tasha......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime6th October 2007, 5:30 am

christmas should be about familys.. not so much presents, it should defo be made special for the kids tho Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime6th October 2007, 1:17 pm

that sounds like a good idea tasha. At the end of the day kids at the age of 3 are not bother about the amount they get but what they get, im sure she will love the buggy for her dolls and a colouring book..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 5:03 am

I bought my first present at the end of August. But only because I got it from Twycross Zoo and I knew I wouldnt be able to find it anywhere else. Thats as far as I have got though!

We are going away to London at the end of this month (no children wooohooo!), so I will start properly when we get back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 5:51 am

No kids eh....well have a fab time hun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 1:36 pm

I know I am soo excited. I so cant wait. Four whole days without the kids!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 4:32 pm

LOL yeah enjoy the break from the kids Helen Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime9th October 2007, 1:39 pm

I will, we had a brill deal on the hotel, saved almost £110! What a bargain!
We went last year and we got a few bits from Harrods for christmas, we'll probably do the same againt his yr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has any one started their christmas shopping?   Has any one started their christmas shopping? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has any one started their christmas shopping?
Page 1 of 1