bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After school club

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
angie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-03-19

After school club Empty
PostSubject: After school club   After school club Icon_minitime27th March 2009, 4:08 am

Can kids do too many after school clubs?

What do you think about kids that do EVERYTHING iykwim?
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

After school club Empty
PostSubject: Re: After school club   After school club Icon_minitime27th March 2009, 4:34 am

I think they are great, they help children to learn about themselves, they give them confidence, but i do disagree when parents are too pushy (i have seen some terrible pg's about pushy parents) and make the children go when they are too tired, or they dont even enjoy the club! they also keep the kids off the streets and give them loads of hobbies!
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Mollie1
Mollie1

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-20

After school club Empty
PostSubject: Re: After school club   After school club Icon_minitime27th March 2009, 12:51 pm

Only if the child themselves wants to do it! It is stupid when poor kids are doing something EVERY night. They must be really tired! Parents should pick a couple of things that there child really enjoys and stick with that.
Back to top Go down
AliceR
AliceR

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-03-23

After school club Empty
PostSubject: Re: After school club   After school club Icon_minitime28th March 2009, 2:35 pm

I Agree, Katie used to go to after school Gymnastics and she did enjoy it! But after a few months was telling me she did'nt want to go, i asked her why and she said she was to tired! I took her out stright away! I would NEVER push any of my children in to doing something they dont want to do!

Katie goes to a swimminh school on a Saturday and has never said she does'nt want to go! She really enjoys going and is not a fantastic swimmer!
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

After school club Empty
PostSubject: Re: After school club   After school club Icon_minitime28th March 2009, 5:44 pm

Oh ive seen a terible programme about gymnastics, this girl she was only about 8 she used to train for hours a day, she had to have a special diet - most adults would struggle with, i just dont think its any good on their little growing bodies, the instructors would push them so hard they would often be in pain and in tears, but still they kept on pushing. i think when it becomes an obsession it has gone too far, no child should be made to do something that hurts them or makes them tired, my heart went out to those kids!!!!

another thing i really hate is these bloody horrible american beauty pagaents, i think they are gross and portray the wrong image for young girls - but scarily its only a matter of time before thye come over here
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Sponsored content

After school club Empty
PostSubject: Re: After school club   After school club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After school club
Page 1 of 1