bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sams birth story

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sams birth story Empty
PostSubject: Sams birth story   Sams birth story Icon_minitime18th September 2008, 1:14 pm

Hi all, Heres my birth story...

Had a pretty good pregnancy apart from terrible morning sickness in the first 14 weeks (why do they call it morning sickness when its all day and all night?!?) On my due date I went to see the midwife who did a sweep and said I was already 2 cm dilated. I went home thinking I would be a mummy by the next day but 4 days later - still nothing. That evening I started getting mild pains so just had a bath and went to bed. At about 12am I woke up with a massive contraction. This was followed almost straight away by another one and I was losing quite abit of blood. The hospital told me to "go back to bed - it will be ages yet" but there was no way I was doing that so we went in at about 1am. As soon as we got there, the midwife checked me and told me that I was 8-9 cm dilated so it was straight into the delivery room. I pushed for a while (I really can't remember how long!) and I was told that the baby was in distress and they needed to use a ventouse. They had to pull the baby down as he wasn't moving down enough and his heart rate was dropping. Apparantly (I didn't know this) the ventouse popped off his head half way through and I pushed him out. Sam was born at 4.35am at 8lb 3oz. Thank god I went in when I did or he would have been born on my bathroom floor!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Sams birth story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sams birth story   Sams birth story Icon_minitime18th September 2008, 1:24 pm

Gosh what a story, glad you didnt give birth on your bathroom floor!
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

Sams birth story
Page 1 of 1