bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Empty
PostSubject: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime10th September 2008, 11:20 am

All throughout my pregnancy Ethan-Jack was alway's known as 'Precious' He was my precious egg, my precious fetus and now my precious baby, My very precious little boy named Ethan-Jack Rawson xx
Ethan-Jack Born 07/09/08 at 7.04am Weighing 8lb 13oz.
It all started on Saturday afternoon when the community midwife gave me a call to say she could'nt make it over for my homevist, but she wanted me to go up to the assessment centre just to have my blood pressure cheaked and urine done. We went up at 2pm and was found to have Keytones yet again in my urine. (If u can remember i put a post up about my morning sickness returning and constently being sick) She went to fetch the on call doctor who said he wanted me to stay in to be rehydrated. I asked about induction as at this point i was compleatly fed up, he said he wanted me to get better first as going through labour in the state i was in would be hard work. So i settled in to my bed, had a drip put in (Which took 3 attemps in 3 parts of my arm) and laid feeling very sorry for myself Sad. The MW also came and gave me an injection in my bum to help with my sickness (Outch)! After settling for the night thats when the drama started!
1am, i woke up feeling really sick again, i toddled off to the loo, came back to my bed and called the MW for another shot of antisickness potion!
1.20am i laid in bed and all of a suddun my water's broke, and not just a little, ALOT! I called the MW for some help.
1.25am the MW confirmed that my waters had maconium in it (the baby's first poo), she cheaked me and i was 4cm dilated already, i was'nt experanceing any contractions at this point just some tightenings, i was then taken stright to labour ward were i called DH to come.
2am, DH arrived to find me stuck on the moniter and very shakey, the MW said i was experancing 'tightenings' but not contractions as such so could have a walk about to try and set them off but i had to be strapped to the moniter to make sure baby was ok.
She also said because the baby had pooed inside of me she would only give us a few hours for my contractions to speed up, if they had'nt then id hve to go on a drip to speed things up!
4am i was feeling no diffrent so MW set me up with a drip to bring on the pains, because of this thou i had to be on the bed on the moniter permanatly! (As u guys that have been monitered konw this is bloody uncomfortable as it is, let along when ur having contractions) she started off the drip and an hour later my contractions were coming.
5am, my contractions started coming quite regular but not to painful at this point, i have moved to a chair now but still cold'nt get up and move about. i was breathing through them well and DH was great support. I was still having no pain relief at this point and felt in control.
6am, they were coming more and more stronger now but still coping, i was getting very tired and sleepy by this stage now and found lying back on the bed helped me sleep inbetween contractions, by 6.30 things had moved quicker and faster and the fun began!! Smile
6.30am, By this point i was in total agony! And i'd like to add if it was'nt for my wonderful DH and Fantastic MW i would of gone crazy! I was sat up on the bed and in a complete zone of my own, every contraction was agony, my MW breathed me through each one, helping me to relax, stay clam and beat each one! I did'nt scream, i did'nt cry and only said twice that i could'nt do it and only swore once lol, 6/7 contractions later i had that over whelming erge to push and my god did i want to put, so up with my legs i go, DH holding one and MW hold other, 1 huge put and a few pants later and out poped my 'Precious' Our little boy Ethan-Jack Rawson, at 7.04am! No pain relief, nothing, just the pure dedacation and help for my MW and DH!
7.05am, within min's of him being born and cheaked over (Because he had pooed inside me the MW had to clear his lungs and nose so he did'nt swallow it) we had our first cuddle, skin to skin. It was lovely (And smelly) we were both in complete and utter 'aw'.
7.30am We had a attempt at our first feed, with great sucess! My boy has a strong suck!!
Ethan was then weighed (4kg excat, 8lb 13oz) and i dressed him.
After his birth i had a few problem with bleeding, i lost quite a bit of blood due to the drip i had that was contracting my uterus, i was laid on the bed for 4 hours b4 i could move and be cleaned up, that was the worst part of the whole thing! YES MY GOD IT HURT but looking at my 'Precious' it was worth every pain! 10hr's later we came home and today were all settled as a happy family of 5 xxx
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime10th September 2008, 11:34 am

Glad he arrived safely
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime10th September 2008, 1:34 pm

you did fantastic hun!!!! thanks for sharing your story...reminds me of when sophie was born (and she was only 1/2 oz heavier!) very glad Ethan-Jack made a safe arrival into the world and you are all doing well xxx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime10th September 2008, 2:04 pm

aw thats a lovely birth story, Im glad it went well and you are so brave to have a natural birth!!!! like you I lost alot of blood after having charlie (by c section) and I had to have a drip - the same stuff that brings on labour, to help my womb contract back down. any way well done and congrats xxxx

give little ethan a hug from me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime10th September 2008, 2:10 pm

ahh lovely story. i am glad your are both ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime10th September 2008, 2:13 pm

Oh hun you did great, i am so pleased you and ethan-jack are doing well.....xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime15th September 2008, 3:31 am

Congrats alice,your pregnancy, went so quick! Smile hope you are well and settled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime30th September 2008, 12:10 pm

aw lovely story hun!! and well done, ure very brave!!
and hes gorgggggggggggggggggggggg!!
so many congrats again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx   Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethan-Jack's Birth Story xx
Page 1 of 1