bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

baby piercing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 4:49 am

what are yor views on baby's (chidren under the age of being able to be aksed if they want it done) having their ear pierced, cute or cruel? and should it be banned?
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 4:54 am

i really really dont agree with little baby's having ears pierced. i remember once seeing a tiny newborn no more than a few weeks old with massive creole earrings in, its looked disgusting to see a baby that small with earrings, especially earring that size!! no matter what anyone says having ears peirced does hurt, even if only for a few secs, the baby would not be able to be prepared so cant expect the pain, it is a shock for them, they do not have the ability to defend themselves. i understand in some countries, it is a tribal tradition, that is different, but in this country there is no need for it, people just do it as a fashion statement and it should be banned in my opinion. i think when a child is at an age when they actually ask for it to be done, and are told it might hurt a wee bit, then they should make their own minds up.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 5:28 am

i agree with you. I was 5 when I had mine periced and my sister was 6 months old.

I'm going to wait until Sophie wants hers done.
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 12:18 pm

I agrre, i don't think babie should have their ears pierced and even when my girls ask for theirs done i will make them wait till they are at the older end of primary school, co s i don't want them getting caught whilst playing in the play ground.

I con't think there is any rush, to be honest.
Back to top Go down

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 1:42 pm

Well im the boo here but i disagree! Both my girls had there ears periced when they were 5 months old. They both wear stud's or very small hooped earings and i think they look beautiful. They were never in pain when they had them done and were settled within 30secons of having them done. They had them done in a safe, clean and sterial enviourment.

I cant see the problem with it personally, i do agree that huge massive over the top earrings are not appereate of babies but stud's are fine.

My girls have never had infections, they are cleaned every week and well looked after..

I NEVER did it for a fashon statement and feel i did it for the pure reason my girls were girls and its a part of life i wanted them to have done! I do not believe it should be banned at all!
They have never be caughted, pulled nothing.

Sorry but thats my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 2:12 pm

Thats totally fine Alice, I did feel like you when I was younger and up until I had Sophie and I felt that when she was born and up to when she was 3 months old she'd had had so many needles stuck in her i thought differently.

Your girls are totally beautiful xxx
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 2:17 pm

I definatly don't think it should be banned, as it is a personal opinion and people want to have their babies ears pierced then that is up to that person not a rule.
Back to top Go down

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime13th April 2008, 2:49 pm

I am not sure on this one, i think it's cute to see small children with pretty studs but if there are big hoops of something then it's a bit OTT....

I had mine done when i was 1 year old, can't remember it so it can't have been to tramatic......

everyone to there own i suppose.....xxx
Back to top Go down

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime14th April 2008, 5:47 am

Excatly lesley has a good point, She had her's done young and does'nt remember it. Its not as trurmatic as people think it is xx
Back to top Go down

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime8th February 2009, 1:52 am

Emma has hers done, she is 3 in July and we had them done about 3 weeks ago now, she cried for maybe a millisecond and then wanted a lolly. She hasnt ever messed with them and LOVES to tell people she has pretty ear rings.

I can see why some people DONT like it, but everyone has an opinion dont they lol.

I wouldnt like to see babies with what i call "chav" ear rings (big loops) but simple studs look cute, emma has little pink ones lol
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime8th February 2009, 4:17 am

yes angie i actually agree there, I remember seeing a baby no bigger than 6 weeks wearing the biggest gold creole earrings, it looked absolutely awful!!! I swear she wouldnt have been able to lift her head the earings were so big!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

baby piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: baby piercing   baby piercing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

baby piercing
Page 1 of 1