bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potty Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 12:54 am

i'm going to start potty training Sophie next week as of weds can anyone give me any advice please?
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 12:58 am

yes, go out now and buy loads of knickers, dont bother with those pull up things, waste of money and they just end up confusing kids because they are the same as nappies pretty much, just put knickers on her and she'll soon get the hang of it (might not want to go out too much)

also go now and buy this thing, its awesome best thing ever invented, its called tomee tippee pottette i think you can get them in boots and tesco. they are a little foldable potty (small enough to fit in your handbag) and they come with these things which are like nappy bags with a sanitary pad in the bottom, so you get it out pop on a bag, kiddie does her stuff then you can find a bin to pop the bag in, wee wees and all! wonderful wonderful product!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 1:02 am

Thanks i'll invest in them. Have just been looking at muscial pottys but ive read alot of reviews that they are too sensitive
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 1:24 am

I was recommended to get a potty with sides, like chair type thing (i got mine from mothercare).

And i had a pottette with Ash and it was great for when you went out, saves having to take a whole potty with you.

LOTS and LOTS of patience, its not going to happen over night and there will be accidents, but try to keep calm.

I know people have used sticker charts to great success too.

GOOD LUCK
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 1:27 am

LOL my period had better hurry up and come then if I need lots and lots of patience lol
Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 1:43 am

As the others say you just need time and patience hun, it will come...xxx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 3:13 am

and lots of soap powder and carpet shampoo!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 3:26 am

Just take ur time too. It will happen when she is ready. I agree that the pull up's are a waste of time and money!

She will wet herself, she will have accidents but perservere. She will grasp it sooner or later! And if she does'nt, dont worry, just try her again another day!
Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime7th April 2008, 2:51 am

Good Luck Sarah, as the other have said, she will do it in her own time.

I also agree that pull ups for potty training are a waste of time as they just think that they are normal nappies.

When I started potty training my 2, I made sure that it was a week where I had nothing planned, so that I knew we were going to be in the house all week. That way they can just run around with a pair of pants on and get used to it before you take them out n about.

xx
Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime7th April 2008, 3:20 am

To be honest Katelyn did the day training herself back in June last year (she was 2yrs4mths) and again she refused a night nappy when she was in hospital in december and has never had a nappy on since!

I am going to try Ethan a little earlier as he is 2 in September so I am going to take advantage of the (hopefully) summer weather we will have before then and just let him run round the garden in his lil pants.............. I seen some really cute boxer shorts in Adams the other day, lol. Can't believe they make them in that size!!

But, yes, she will do it in her own time........... something I didn't believe until Katelyn did!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime7th April 2008, 3:48 am

wow well done Katelyn x
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime7th April 2008, 4:02 am

i know i have seen the lil boxers sooo cute, worth potty training just to buy them lol!!!
Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime7th April 2008, 8:50 am

Aw lil boxers sound cute!

Good luck hun. Im sure she will do it in her own time xx
Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 8:55 am

Ur first time today hun. how has it all gone ?? xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Potty Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potty Training
Page 1 of 1