bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The gym

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

The gym Empty
PostSubject: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime29th March 2008, 3:16 am

I think i'll join the gym. Providing I have enough money to.

I know i'm doing it for the wrong reasons and the right reasons.

The wrong reasons i'm doing it for is because both my parents have said how fat i've got and how i'm at my biggest. They came to see us last night and Dad was looking at my photos on my computer with Sophie (I have them as a screensaver slide show) and he goes thats mummy when she was a lot thinner. And I shouted out that he used to call me fat then too.

The right reasons I want to do it, is because I feel fat. I feel unhealthy, I feel like I have no energy I cant even run upstairs sometimes without feeling a bit out of breath.

I also want to do it for Sophie's sake as I dont want her to have a fat mum who cant run around with her and I feel like a really bad mum.

I'd love a gym buddy but I know this wont happen, I cant expect anyone to give up their spare time to help me. I would ask my next door neighbour but she goes to a really expensive gym and I cant afford the £79pm!!!
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime30th March 2008, 1:23 pm

Oh hun i am so sorry to hear that your parents said things like that....

Don't feel as though you are a bad mummy because you are not.

If you want to do it for you then do it but don't do it just because other people think you should...

good luck anyway....are you thinking about going to the gym just down the road from you????LOL
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime30th March 2008, 2:10 pm

LOL yes but its not THAT gym Wink

In this gym I have half the chance to eye up the muscle!
Back to top Go down

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 1:35 am

LOL....xxxx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 6:40 am

what a nasty thing to say!!! i admit o have put on a bit of weight since having the lids, not so much eliza, i was thin as anything then, although i felt the size of a house when i look back at the pics i actually looked pretty fit lol!!! on our dining room wall we have a picture frame with loads of little photos of everyone in it, there is one of me just after i had eliza (at my thinnest) and on friday my two bil's came round, i heard one of them say to the other, who's that? then the other one said, oh thats katie, and he looked really shocked!! lol!!! and also ast year sometime, we went out with my father in law, when i was off playing with the kids, he said to my husband, ''what happened to the slim katie'' urgghhh!!! and then my husband told me about it! grrr!! really upset me that did Sad so i know how you feel ,parents can be soo insensitive, i could never imagine saying anything like that to eliza, makes me mad!!!
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 7:33 am

Dave told me to say that they are getting older and they cant do anything about it but i can do something about my weight
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 10:39 am

Aww, you are a good mum, so don't feel bad about that. It is upsetting when people you are close to say things like that.

Would love to bo your gym buddy, but i just havn't got the time or the money!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 10:57 am

No I know hun.

And thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 2:13 pm

Ur beauitful just the way u are hun, Just remember that! Ur not fat in my eyes, just a normal curvery women!!
Dont listen to bad comments like that and i agree with Dave! U can sort ur weight but u cant sort ur age!
I wish i was closer then once this pregnancy is over id quite happily be ur gym buddie!

Do what ur happy with hun, and if not try and involve exercise from home, DVD's, stepping up and down the steps. Etc xx
Back to top Go down

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime2nd April 2008, 2:23 am

good luck hun...i think you look lovely as you are though....i have put on tons of weight...have put on 1/2 st since meeting reese! i would join the gym but im skint also and know i would struggle to keep it up what with being on my own with the kids most of the time

try not to feel pressured to lose weight by ur parents hun...if u want to lose weight then do it for u - stuff what anyone else thinks xxx
Back to top Go down

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime4th April 2008, 8:20 am

if it is effecting you health wise, then i would say give it a try, but i wouldnt just do it on the fact of what people say,

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The gym Empty
PostSubject: Re: The gym   The gym Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The gym
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2mums :: DietsRus-
Jump to: