bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pain relief??

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime17th October 2007, 11:51 am

I just wondered if anyone knew what I could do to help??
I suffer with Sciatica really bad and very often.
I have been to the Dr's and they wont even consider even putting my name on a list for Physio, because the waiting list is too long!!
I have been on 2 different types of painkillers, the first made me itch really bad and the second gave me headaches! Its a catch 22 situation, do I take them and get headaches or not take it and suffer with pain?
I thought about acupuncture (sp!) and massage, but just wondered if any of you have any suggestions??
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime17th October 2007, 12:08 pm

I had sciatica when I was pregnant and I had accupuncture and it was the best thing I ever did. Ok the next day I was in agony but after that I was pain free for ages
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime17th October 2007, 12:46 pm

I was hoping you would say that lol.
As much as I dont like the idea of needles!
My cousin has just qualified in accupuncture, so I am hoping that she will be able to help when she gets back off her hols.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime18th October 2007, 1:37 am

I'm a massive wooos when it comes to needles so much so as when I have blood taken Dave has to put the magic cream on my arm first lol

They dont hurt, the only ones that i thought hurt a little were on my ankle and behind my knee other than that they tingle when they are in you but thats cos they are working,
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime18th October 2007, 2:31 am

I have had a accupuncture and it help mefor the problem i went for never had sciatica so i am not sure what can help you but i would say if you are going to try alternitive med then i don't see why you can't try anything and everything as there are not like normal medicine......

hope something works for you hun xxxx
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime18th October 2007, 3:22 am

Aw bless ya hun.....have u tried a stronger pain killer, Something with codiene in? YEs it might make u consipated but my god they work!

I cant give u my advice on accupuncher as iv never had it but if u do go for it let us know how u get on....

Alice xx
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime18th October 2007, 11:05 am

I have already tried Codeine. Thats what made me itch!
It was suggested that I ask the Dr about giving me Tramadol, but iw ould rather try the accupuncture first.
I bought some Radox muscle soak bubble bath today, so I am going to have a lovely long soak in the bath once the kids are in bed.
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime20th October 2007, 12:00 pm

Well, I went back to the dr's yesterday AND they are finally referring me to a physio! About blimmin time!
I have also been given more meds, which should hopefully dear with the pain and not give me any side affects!

Oh yeah and I have got shingles!!!!????

Didnt even know i had, I just thought they were a allergy rash as I have changed fabric softner. I feel fine though, just had abit of a headache and feel tired, and I only have about 10 spots.

What was we saying about chicken pox the other week!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime20th October 2007, 12:03 pm

Oh no! hope your not too sick with the shingles and hope you feel better soon x
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime20th October 2007, 1:34 pm

Thanks Sarah, I feel fine!

Spoke to my mum last night and she said that I had chicken pox very mild!

Just cant believe I have been carrying on as normal!

I really hope no one gets ill!
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime21st October 2007, 11:14 am

Oh you luck thing, i know that might sound horrid but shingles can be really nasty so you luck to be carrying on as normal.....hope nobody else gets them xxxxx((hugs))
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime22nd October 2007, 1:57 am

Aw hugs hunny! Shingles, aw! Hope ur feling better today x
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime22nd October 2007, 2:24 am

i suffered with it when i was pregnant with paris, it was really bad, i would sit on the floor hoovering up and would get stuck their my dp would have to pick me lol
i got it half way through my pregnancy and lasted till the minute i gave birth, i went to docs and he said their aint anything he can give me.xx
Back to top Go down

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime22nd October 2007, 11:07 am

i suffered from sciatica when i was pregnant with both kids too....horrible. Shingles...you poor thing...hope you are feeling better now and are on the mend. I have never tried acupuncture but my friend swears by it as she had it (cant remember what for) but she said it really helped. Hope the pain eases soon xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pain relief?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain relief??   Pain relief?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain relief??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2mums :: Health & Beauty-
Jump to: