bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ethans been in hospital xxx

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Ethans been in hospital xxx Empty
PostSubject: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime13th September 2008, 8:55 am

Well the last 48hrs have been a nightmere to say the least. Poor Ethan is loosing a little bit to much weight then liked. He was born 8lb 14oz (Good weight!) But weighed yesterday he was 7lb 12oz, over 10% (12% to be persist) of his body weight lost Sad. So we had to go up to the childrens ward to be assess, They took blood from Ethan (Sad It was horrid but Ethan was a very brave boy)And a urine sample. We had to stay in over night to establish BF too. The most gut renching thing was i had to top up with formula Sad. Now i dont have anything against formula, Both my DD's were formula fed but i wanted to so hard BF and let it suceed. Now with every BF i have to top up with formula until my milk is in fully. I am expressing but only getting 10ml a time (not enough for a hungry little boy). so after every feed ethan has about an ounce of formula.
Any how his bloods came back fine, his sugar levels are fine too and he has no infection, so even thou he is loosing weight he is satisfied with my 10ml of Boobie juice.
Im so so tired thou, had NO sleep what so ever last night, had to (And still should) feed Ethan every 2-3hrs (Even thou if he sleeps for longer tonight i shall not be obliged to wake him Wink ) My afterpains are horrondus with all the expressing and feeding im doing too.
Were back up at the hospital tomorrow to have Ethan re weighed, So wish us luck that he's gained at least an ounce!
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime13th September 2008, 9:02 am

sorry to hear this, but i am sure they are just taking precautions just to make sure there was not another cause for him to lose weight. dont be too disheartened about topping up his feeds, you are trying which is the best thing you can do. keep at it you will get there as for expressing dont worry about that, with eliza i couldnt express any milk at all, but with charlie i could fill bottles!!!!! i am guessing you have been checked to make sure he is latching on properly, some babies struggle to learn how to do this (eliza did) and its not the easiest thing for mothers and baby's to learn always. try not to worry too much, sounds like he is healthy, just taking time getting used to feeding. you are doing a great job, you be proud of yourself. and ethan stop making everyone worry and start putting on those ounces Smile
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime13th September 2008, 12:22 pm

oh hun sorry to hear that the wee man is losing weight but as katie said, the hospital are jsut taking precautions, hope all goes well... keep us up to date..xxxx
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime13th September 2008, 12:34 pm

Good luck for tomorrow Alice,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime13th September 2008, 2:39 pm

Good luck for tomorrow hun I'm sure he will have gained xx
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime17th September 2008, 1:17 am

How is he doing now Alice?
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ethans been in hospital xxx   Ethans been in hospital xxx Icon_minitime17th September 2008, 12:52 pm

Look in FAO alice hun xx
Back to top Go down

Ethans been in hospital xxx
Page 1 of 1