Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Why me? Empty
PostSubject: Why me?   Why me? Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 2:20 pm

I recieved a letter from the hospital saying I needed to see the consultant, so I go today and I saw the midwife 1st who asked me why did I come in today?

I replied 'dunno I just got a letter saying to and here I am'

She didnt know why and just said oh well go and get your quad bloods taken. But go and the reg 1st which I did, he basically said that my tyroid needed more help and I said its ok my own GP has already upted it for me.

I asked is there anyway my midwife can have my blood results and the reply was 'I'd have to come back in a weeks time to collect my results as i'm out of area they wont give them to my midwife and if she rings they wont be given to her as she could be 'anyone'. WTF?!

I'm so angry i'm so tempted to go to D&V and have my baby there, even though I swore i'd never go back and have another baby there after last time.

So go to have my bloods done, a young lad who was obviously training who took them, firstly he couldnt find a vein (not sure why or how as there was one big one right there - I had to say here it is) then he stuck the needle in all wrong and really hurt my arm I was really worried he was going to go right through my vein and make me have a massive bleed. Then when he was fitting the tube thing to it the needle practically came out and the boss had to push it back in which hurt even more then it took him ages to get half a tube full.

I know people need to train but he was doing it all wrong, Dave was nearly tempted to say take the needle out he'll go and do it for me in A&E.

Rant over
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bumps2mums.forumotion.com
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Why me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why me?   Why me? Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 2:37 pm

ouch, ouch and more ouch, thats made me go all funny! I had having my blood taken, When I was pregnant with Ashley I had a trainee taking my blood and that really hurt too.

So did you actually find out why you had to go in or not?

View user profile
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Why me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why me?   Why me? Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 2:58 pm

nope.

Have to go back a week after my 21wk scan to find out about my scan results and no doubt more bloods
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

Why me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why me?   Why me? Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 3:09 pm

sounds really weird to me...i would be asking questions and waiting on answers....

sorry to hear you had a bad day...xxx
Back to top Go down

Why me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why me?   Why me? Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 4:33 pm

thats mad hun...you should have been told why you were called in. Sorry to hear that you had a bad time there xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why me?   Why me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why me?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2mums :: Pregnancy-
Jump to: