bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

general skin and hair products

Go down 
AuthorMessage

general skin and hair products Empty
PostSubject: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime21st September 2007, 4:09 am

What does everone think about using all theses hair and skin products on themselves and their babes?
Do you think that they can either cause or exacerbate things such as asthma and skin problems.
When my kids were younger I very rarely dried their hair with a dryer and would not let them have their hair permed or coloured until they were 17 yrs old at least.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime21st September 2007, 12:18 pm

I use hair dye on my hair once every 3 months or so but I straighten my hair every other day, I only blow dry it if i'm in a rush.

I was never allowed to dye my hair til I was 16 but only started when I was going white (my nanna was pure white by the time she was 21 and i was heading the same way). I had a perm when I was 12 - even though ive got naturally curly hair - work that out lol.
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime21st September 2007, 1:54 pm

I dye my hair every now and then and use skin products when need be but i think if u are going to get asthma then ur going to get it. I have very severe asthma, my last lung age cheak came out as 49, im on 2500mic of steriods a day and take 2 puffs on an inhaler a day, not very good for a 24 year old and this is just a problem i was born with, i use all sorts of products and dont find it makes my asthma worse. As to lotions and potions and skin problems i think the only was this could effect you is if u had a reacton to them!

xxx alice xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime22nd September 2007, 9:35 am

i do use softwash by J&J on the kids...especially as ollie is such a sicky baby i need to get rid of the sicky smell lol....i dont really use tons of different products on them tho. I think it depends on how many different products you are using...my skin is very sensitive so im careful as to what i use. I had my hair dried by a hairdryer when i was little - mainly because my hair is wild - it goes everywhere if i let it dry naturally tho nowadays i do let it dry naturally a lot and tie it back and only use my straighteners once a week as im sure it prob dont do my hair a lot of good xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime22nd September 2007, 6:06 pm

Don't get me wrong I dye my hair lol! I just think that using too much highly perfumed things on babies and childrens skins is not necessary. Also you spend enough time when you are older and have not so good and greying hair needing to dye it so why add chemicals etc. as a child:D
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime23rd September 2007, 1:10 am

Sophie doesnt have anything that isnt necessary on her skin, I use J&J bubble bath and JJ soft body wash and thats it.
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 12:00 pm

I only use J&J on mine and very rarely J&J conditioner on Chloe's hair because it gets knotty very easily.
As for me well... I colour my hair every 2-3 months after its been cut, I dry it with a hair dryer and straighten it almost everyday. The only allergy I have is to Codeine. Which is nothing too important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 12:02 pm

lol no wonder ur hair looks nice everyday hun, how do u have time to do it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 12:30 pm

Haha, it helps that I use an expensive shampoo and conditioner too haha!
Now that I have had it cut it only takes about 5 mins to got hrough the layers with the straightners and some days it doesnt need doing. When i was it its usually all done in 1/2 and hr before it would take almost an hr to do it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime8th October 2007, 11:56 pm

i don't yet dye my hair but going to start as i have a few gray hairs....aaahhhrrrrggg.....

i use asda baby products on duncan when he was little and still do think they are great.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime9th October 2007, 12:03 pm

Yes i agree... George baby products are great and i used them on the girls too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime10th October 2007, 5:34 pm

yep george products are good....have bought them from sophie and found them to be gentle on the skin Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime10th October 2007, 5:35 pm

lesley wrote:
i don't yet dye my hair but going to start as i have a few gray hairs....aaahhhrrrrggg.....

Lesley i know how u feel...my family seem to grey early...i have tons
of grey/white hairs - tho they started appearing when i was in my
teens! seem to get more when im stressed...thank god for hair dye! lol
xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: general skin and hair products   general skin and hair products Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

general skin and hair products
Page 1 of 1