bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things to do with kids...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Things to do with kids... Empty
PostSubject: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 3:47 am

Thought i would start a thread for anyone that wants some new ideas of things to do and keep their kids occupied.

I will add some every so often and also if anyone else has any ideas they want to add.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 3:49 am

We did this at twins club the other day.

glue 2 toilet rolls (empty ones!!) together to make binoculars and then once dry get the kids to decorate them using paint or sticking stuff on them.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 3:53 am

In most Early learning centres, they do a free play sesion for the kids to go and play with all the toys. It is on a Tuesday morning from 10am.

Good for pre-schoolers
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 3:54 am

Yeah I've heard about that havent yet taken Sophie but might do....
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 4:07 am

No i havn't taken mine because with the 2 of them its difficult to watch both at the same time and i'm worried they will run out the shop!!!

But would definatly do it if i had 1 toddler/preschooler
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 4:16 am

An old favourite Chocolate crispy cakes, but this time of year you can make them into nast shapes and put a couple of mini eggs inside.

Decorate cakes or biscuits, put some icing on then let the children put raisins, chocolate buttons, jelly tots, smarties andything you want really.

Or make their own pizzas, chop up a load of different veg for toppings and let them put it on the pizza bases.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 4:18 am

mmm yummy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 4:44 am

Were making chocolate rice crispie cakes today, all u need is a huge bar of chocolate and some rice crispies, simply melt chocolate, mix in rice crispies, put in to cake cases, chill and enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 4:46 am

Wooden Spoon Men/Women

U can buy real cheap wooden spoons from asda/tesco/morrisions etc, use what crafts u have, pen's and wool and let ur kiddies make men/women with then with the spoon part being the head and the handle being the body!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime21st March 2008, 2:46 am

Oh thanks for all these ideas....

@ Amy, About the choc krispies, i did this when i was doing my nursery training but with shredded wheat......(brough back memories)
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 4:11 am

OOo never done it with shredded wheat, i might try that one.
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 5:06 am

gardening!! go and buy a big bag of compost, some pots and some seeds, and let the kids plant them, i can guarantee most kids will love doing this, then they can make sure they water them every day and watch the flowers grow

we planted tomato plants with eliza last year, every morning she would run outside to see if she got any tomatoes she was always so dissappointed, so one day i bought some tomatoes on the vines and sneakily put them in amongst the tomato plants, i will never forget how excited she was!!

another thing is sunflowers, each member of the family can plant a sunflower in a pot each, with names on the pots, then see who's grows the biggest!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 5:58 am

did this with duncan last summer and he never wanted to water them so they died.....
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 6:12 am

I got some sunflower seeds the other day, but we havn't got round to [planting them yet.

Cress is a good one with kids cos it grows really quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 8:53 am

If ur not in the creative mood (Sometimes im not) I have DVD days with my kids! We choose a few DVD and watch them, ave snacks and chill for the day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 10:26 am

we have that too.....especially when the weather is bad...xxx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 10:48 am

oohi love dvd days!!! although charlie wont watch telly, eliza loves to snuggle up with a dvd. i also have friday nights i let eliza stay up and we normally snuggle up with a dvd then, she loves staying up when charlie has gone to bed - gives us that quality time together without charlie around (i have quality time with charlie every day when eliza goes to school)

her fave films are narnia, the polar express, and bedknobs and broomsticks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 10:49 am

Aw bless her. I love DVD's too. Were a huge fan of most the disney ones, PeterPan and The Little Mermaide being the best!
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 5:38 am

treasure hunts,

eliza loves doing this, i make it quite simple for her, i hide a few clues around the house in envelopes and she brings them to me to read, then she finds the next clue. some clues i use are;

wash your hands here
build castles here (sandpit)
put the wet clothes in here
you can make ice in here

you can adapt clues to suit your childs age. i have a bag of sweets at the end of the treasure hunt for her to enjoy!! she loves it!!! the best part is she never knows which clue is the last one, until she finds the sweets!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 6:30 am

awww cant wait to do something like that for Sophie when shes older
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 12:14 pm

That sounds like fun, I do this for my son at easter!

The thing i loved doing as a kid was scavenger hunts (i think thats what they called) where you give a list of things they have to find whilst out for a walk.

Or at home find things beginning with each letter of the alphabet.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime7th May 2008, 2:23 pm

Now the weather is lovely we did some painting in the garden (not brave enough to do it indoors!!)

I got a long roll of paper from wilkinsons (cheap wallpaper is also good) painted their feet and let them walk along the paper, they loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime7th May 2008, 2:29 pm

yeah they did look like they enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime7th May 2008, 2:45 pm

i do this in my house with duncan, it makes a mess but he has so much fun it's great...xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with kids...   Things to do with kids... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things to do with kids...
Page 1 of 1