bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What age would you stop breastfeeding?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

What age would you stop breastfeeding? Empty
PostSubject: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 2:09 am

I'm watching LK today and there is a lady on there who still breast feeds her 4 1/2 year old girl. She doesnt do it in public.

What do you think on this?
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 9:39 am

hmmm not right at all, but each to there own
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 11:28 am

I dont know! I would say around 12-18 months! After this they have no need for breast milk and it has no use for them. My friend breast fed her son up until he was 14 months and she said it was so hard to ween him off but she is so glad she did!

I could'nt even imagian breastfeeding Sophie let alone a 4 1/2 year old!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 4:34 pm

I think its wrong to breastfeed beyond say 1.5yrs - they dont need breast milk - once they have been weaned than they should be getting all the valuable nutrients from their food. I watched a programme which had children over the age of 3 still breastfeeding and i just felt that it was in a way a bit selfish of the mum as i feel that they are kinda preventing their children from growing up and am just going to end up having more problems in the long run.

I would have found it well cringy now if i found out my mum breastfed me til i was 4 or something.....i just feel if there is no need why do it? x
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime26th March 2008, 10:02 am

i am all for breastfeeding - i breast fed eliza completely for 10 months, and charlie for 10 weeks but i think that when they are old enough to come over and ask for it then it gets a bit weird!!! bet she'll be picked on at school too, that wont be good for her!
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime26th March 2008, 10:29 am

4.5 years hello....what is that all about.... sorry don't agree...i do agree with breastfeeding but there has to be an end somewhere or not????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What age would you stop breastfeeding?   What age would you stop breastfeeding? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What age would you stop breastfeeding?
Page 1 of 1