bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

12 weeks pregnant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

12 weeks pregnant Empty
PostSubject: 12 weeks pregnant   12 weeks pregnant Icon_minitime14th September 2007, 2:24 am

12 weeks pregnant
You are now 12 weeks pregnant (or in your 13th week if that's how you prefer to count it).

How your baby's growing

Your baby's face is changing. The eyes, which started out on the sides of his head, have moved closer together and his ears are almost in their normal position. This is when the tissues and organs that have already formed in his body rapidly grow and mature. Your baby's intestines, which start out as a large swelling in the umbilical cord, will begin moving into the abdominal cavity about now. Read more information on your baby's development this week.

Want to know what happens next week?
You could have this information sent straight to your inbox. Sign up here.

How your life's changing

With luck your nausea will be on the wane and you'll soon be feeling more energetic. You're probably also feeling relieved because your risk of miscarriage has now dropped dramatically. It might seem hard to believe if you're still in the throes of morning sickness, but you'll soon regain your appetite. Just make sure any meat that you eat is thoroughly cooked to reduce any chance of toxoplasmosis - no rare steaks for you and take care at barbecues.

You're entitled to free dental care and free prescriptions until your baby is a year old. Your teeth and gums can be more prone to disease during pregnancy so plan a free dental check-up while you are pregnant; but make sure your dentist knows not to give you an x-ray. You may notice that your gums bleed more now so floss as well as brush. If you are worried or unsure about using over-the-counter remedies talk to your GP, ask your local pharmacist, or call the NHS Direct 24-hour helpline for immediate advice.

You're probably wearing loose clothing, though it's because of your emerging bulge more than any real weight you've gained. You may feel that you need a new style to suit your new figure or a new skin or make-up routine - take a peek at our beauty tips from Bobby Brown. It's a good time to rethink your look. There are plenty of maternity wear ranges to choose from either on the high street or through mail order. One or two good quality basics should see you through most of your pregnancy. For special occasions you can choose from some of the smarter and more sophisticated lines which are thankfully now available.

Pregnancy tip: take an extra pillow to bed tonight

"I found it so much easier to sleep on my side when I hugged a pillow and wrapped my legs around it. In fact, two years after the birth of my child, it's still my favourite way to fall asleep." - Clare I.
Send us your tips.
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

12 weeks pregnant
Page 1 of 1