bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

speech therapy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

speech therapy Empty
PostSubject: speech therapy   speech therapy Icon_minitime22nd June 2009, 9:31 am

well today was charlies 2nd appt with speech therapist, I am not concerned aobut his speech at all anymore, he has come on wonderfully and very quickly, he is easily at the stage he should be for his age, he has more than caught up! so really i wanted to take him today because we were told about him having a problem with his jaw (he always slants his jaw to one side - i have added a picture so you can see what i mean) and he does dribble sometimes too, so i wanted to know more about that, but apparently its all to do with the muscle strength in his mouth and tongue and he needs to build up the strength of all of them, i have been given some different excercise to do with him and its all very interesting. but apart from that he is completely happy with him and he has been discharged, he is going to write up a report for him and i will need to show that to his preschool when he starts, but its all good!! i am so pleased!!! (and i was worreid they might suggest an op or a brace or something to correct his mouth, so i am really pleased about that!!) Smile

speech therapy Sultanshow20thjune09017

lol charlie is actually smiling in this picture Smile
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Mollie1
Mollie1

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-20

speech therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: speech therapy   speech therapy Icon_minitime22nd June 2009, 3:06 pm

thats really good news. I'm so glad that Charlies speech has come on so well - I know how worried you were. Hows his potty training now? Last time we talked he was getting there! Sam is completly dry now in the day but not at night yet - far from it! Not rushing that tho.
Back to top Go down
Lesley

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-09

speech therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: speech therapy   speech therapy Icon_minitime24th June 2009, 3:25 am

So pleased charlie is ok and you will get there with the muscles.....

@ Mollie that's great that sam is dry.....xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

speech therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: speech therapy   speech therapy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

speech therapy
Page 1 of 1