AuthorMessage
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: charlie   5th November 2008, 2:52 pm

well as I said before I am having a few problems with charlie at the moment, he is very clingy, has the worst temper tantrums and he is scaringly strong for a 2 years old. when he has tantrums i usually put him in his room to calm down, as he has a gate on his door - i have to do this because eliza has been bitten and hit so many times lately - he seems to take it all out on her, the bites she has had are awful! there is a part of his wall where all the paper he has ripped off in temper, he trashes his room, throws all his things over the gate. its awful he is only 2!!! I know I have just made him sound like an awful child,. but he really isnt,. he is also the most loving child you could ever hope to meet, always ready full of hugs and kisses and he loves to help me, he often brings me cups and plates when i am washing up and helps me load the tumble dryer, he is aside his tantrums a lovely boy and I simply adore him. anyway i went to speak to the health visitor today to see if she could give me some advice on how to deal with his behavior, i wasnt expecting much help but we were in there well over an hour, she was so helpful. she asked me a few questions, and i explained about his speech problem etc. well she is going to send him for a hearing test to make sure he hasnt got glue ear, she was also asking me questions about how he reacts when he isnt following his normal routine - questions i know are based around autism, i did say to her, these questions are investigating autism arent they, she said yes, but autism shows itself in many ways and affects some people less than others. but obviously that is osmething she is wondering about. it came as no surprise really to be honest, i know it may sound strange but even when he was first born i had it in the back of my mind something wasnt 100% with him. i never felt it was anything serious, just a feeling that he would need more care than other children, i will never forget that feeling. i have a few times wondered about autism, i guess there are a few things that could mean charlie is on the spectrum - it would explain why he has speech problems (and he cant yet put 2 words toigether to make a sentance), it would also explain his tantrums (yes i know toddlers have them but until you see charlie have one you have no idea!!) and the habit he has of playing with his tongue - also his lopsided jaw might be connected. she didnt say anytthing more about autism, but she gave ,me a few tips and said she would phone me and then in a few weeks would see how things are going to see if her tips have helped. To be honest Im not worried that much, if he is one the spectrum he hasnt got it in a big way, because he is very affectionate (alot of autistic people dont understand affection and have a hard time in social situations) and he is actually quote bright, he is definately not behind in other areas of his development. we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parentslounge.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: charlie   6th November 2008, 2:10 am

I'm not sure, alot of people said Sophie was autistic but she wasn't after the tests had been carried out.

See what happens with the tips the HV has given you and see what happens

Good Luck hun xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: charlie   6th November 2008, 2:16 am

Im glad your HV has been helpful, Hopefully things will sort themselves out. Good luck xx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: charlie   6th November 2008, 3:51 am

yh Im not too worried about it, if he does have autism, he would only have a mild form of it, as he is very affectionate, this is one thing autistic people have problems with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: charlie   6th November 2008, 6:06 am

Hay Hun...
My Brother is very Autistic and from being a baby it has been very obvious, The way his development was, the problems he had, eating, drinking, speech (He never even spoke until he was 4!!) Intolerances, tantrums etc etc. They do carry out alot of test's and mostly it comes back fine as every child development is diffrent, Some children are slower then others, but in the end they r all the same! If Charlie does have Autisum then ur'll be just fine! Ur a fantastic mum!!

My Brother is now 21, He still acts like a 16 year old but sooner or later will grow out of it! He did fantastic at a special school, even got some foundation level GCSE's! He's now on a mixed training course at college, Is a bar man and has a fab social life! His only problems in life is he cant spell, hardly read and has no idea about the value of money!
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: charlie   6th November 2008, 1:52 pm

well alice you must be very proud of your brother achieving what he has, that is very good! I am not too worried about it to be honest, if he does turn out to have it then well that just makes him more special to me, its no big deal really. if he does have it anyway i am sure its only mildly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: charlie   7th November 2008, 4:38 am

Oh hun, you will be fine....and so will charlie, you will get there together....xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: charlie   8th November 2008, 8:33 am

((((((hugs))))))) you are really having a hard time at the moment arn't you? As others have said - you are a great mum and I'm sure you'll cope with whatever life throws at you. If you need a chat - you know where I am xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: charlie   8th November 2008, 11:47 am

Thanks am feeling alot better today Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content