bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ive started to itch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Ive started to itch Empty
PostSubject: Ive started to itch   Ive started to itch Icon_minitime3rd October 2008, 2:23 pm

Its gotten worse over the day and I'm convinced i've now got choliostasis Sad
For those who dont know what it is:

also known as ‘intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy’)

Obstetric cholestasis is a disorder that affects your liver during pregnancy. The main symptom is itching of the skin (pruritus). There is no skin rash. The itching gets better when your baby has been born.

Obstetric cholestasis is uncommon. In England, this disorder affects about one in 160 women (or less than 1%). Obstetric cholestasis is slightly more common among women of Indian-Asian or Pakistani origin with three in 200 (1.5%) of women affected. In Chile and Scandinavia, obstetric cholestasis is more common, with five in 200 pregnancies affected (2.5%).

I had it with Sophie and mine was extremly high so had to be induced at 36weeks.

I was so hoping that it wasn't going to happen this time, but with a 90% chance of it happenig again I've been kidding myself.

Guess i'd better go get some bloods done at the drs on mon or go to the hosp either one Sad
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ive started to itch   Ive started to itch Icon_minitime3rd October 2008, 2:53 pm

oh no hun I hope you havent got it again xx
Back to top Go down
Katie
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ive started to itch   Ive started to itch Icon_minitime4th October 2008, 12:45 am

sorry to hear this, when I was carrying charlie I had to be tested for it as I had very bad itching, I used all sorts to satisfy the itch, forks hairbrushes, whatever I could get my hands on! I know how awful the itching is, but thankfully my bloods came back ok. so maybe yours might too, but if not at least you know what to expect as you have been there before. good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://parentslounge.motionforum.net/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ive started to itch   Ive started to itch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ive started to itch
Page 1 of 1