bumps2mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bumps2mums

A forum for mums all over the world

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disposable or cloth nappys?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 2618
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Disposable or cloth nappys? Empty
PostSubject: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 8:17 am

Dave and I have decided we are going to use cloth nappies this time round.

What do you use and why?
Back to top Go down
https://bumps2mums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 9:04 am

Disposable all the way! And they have been proven to be cheaper! The way gas and electric price's are going they cost more to wash then buy!!

I dont have any kiddie's in nappys at the mo but the baby has either Huggies or Pampers, as iv had vouchers for these brands.

My sister use's cloth on Rachel and seems to enjoy them, but she does say there hard work to keep clean and expensive to buy.

Have fun with ur cloth nappys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 9:12 am

i know in toysrus we have a mio something cloth at i think its nearly a hundred pounds though . i prefer disposable not thats he is in them apart from night time . but i honestly couldnt be doing with having to wash and then fins a place for them to dry
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 9:34 am

Well our council are going to give us financial help if we use cloth nappies, not sure how they will but it would be good if they'd cut our council tax bill lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 11:01 am

I use diposables now but IF I had another I think I would try fluffy ones x
Back to top Go down
Amy
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 11:17 am

I think they give you money back Sarah, so yeah in theory you will be cutting your Council tax bill down.

I think if I had another one I would like to try re-usable, but think I would still use disposable if I was going out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 2:38 pm

Yea Lincoln council give u cash back on so much.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime9th August 2008, 12:54 am

Cool Smile

I was told to look at Kent county council too as they give you help too but I dont know if you can get both or just one i'll have to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 8:11 am

Hi Sarah,

Don't know if you have decided (since you're very nearly there!) but we use 'real' nappies and have done since Eleanor was born.

We use the Bamboozles Tots Bots and they are just great! They don't take up that much room to dry and they're really easy to get clean. We went for the coloured ones to in Size 2 which are much more interesting!

The only downside for us really is that you have to wash them quite a bit before real use as they don't get up to full absorbancy til you've washed them a few times...

Kirsty x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 8:13 am

Sorry, forgot to mention, we were under Bromley Council when we got our reward, but they gave us £30 back if we gavhem a copy of the receipt. Not sure what West Kent do though although I think it's something similar....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 1:43 pm

dont have any in nappies but i have always used disposable, i would maybe try reusable but think it would be a lot of hard work to keep cleaning them cant even keep up with the washing Embarassed lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 1:52 pm

I used real nappies on duncan and washing isn't really a problem trust me (we can only wash once a week) and it was great we saved over 200 pound by using them and i would use them again, if the time ever comes...xxx
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 1:29 am

We've bought our nappies, we've gone for littlelamb ones www.littlelamb.co.uk
We've bought birth to potty and they cost us £280, and chose bamboo ones as they are much softer. I cant wait to use them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 3:31 am

wow £280 for nappies Shocked dont think i could part with all that at once lol
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Resident Member
Resident Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 3:33 am

lol Dave earns good money so it wasnt too bad. x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 12:53 pm

that's great hun, hope you enjoy using them...xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disposable or cloth nappys?   Disposable or cloth nappys? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disposable or cloth nappys?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2mums :: Debates & Discussions-
Jump to: